Thursday, May 27, 2010
Welcome back sports fans! The update will return this weekend. Before I fill you in on the upcoming update, I figured I explain my 2 month hiatus.
My last blog entry took place during my spring break, which was right around St. Patrick’s Day week. The reason that was my last entry is because of my workload as an ASU (Arizona State University) student. I am enrolled at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, one of the best journalism schools in the country. The amount of assignments and tests left me no choice but to take my break from the update. Yet, I have still kept track of nearly every sport that’s made an impact (for better or worse). What have I not covered over the past two months?
- My NCAA bracket failure, although other brackets fell apart too (unless you picked Duke).
- The rise of the Tampa Bay Rays, again.
- The rise of Colorado P Ubaldo Jimenez with his no-hitter and 0.88 ERA.
- Oakland P Dallas Braden’s perfect game on Mother’s Day and his feud with Alex Rodriguez.
- The NBA Playoffs, featuring the four best teams still in the hunt: Celtics, Magic, Lakers, and Suns.
- The LeBron James free agent chase is only 35 days away.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger suspended 6 games for his alleged rape case, although charges were dropped.
- The NFL Draft, with QB Sam Bradford going to the Rams at #1 and QB Tim Tebow landing in Denver.
- New UFC Champions in Frankie Edgar (Lightweight) and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (Light-Heavyweight).
- Strikeforce’s middleweight championship match between Jake Shields and Dan Henderson is overshadowed by a post-fight brawl.
That’s a lot of events, and I know I missed a few more there. Here’s what to look forward to for this weekend:
- The NBA Playoffs
- The state of the MLB
- A cold weather Super Bowl?
- My take on Rampage/Evans
- The return of all segments (including Pure Magic, The Athlete’s Court, The Power of the Due, and Final Thoughts)
Stay tuned sports fans! Amid the summer chaos, the update returns!
Copyrighted @ 2007